This superb three bedroomed semi detached cottage property is situated in the heart of Wrea Green village within yards to primary school, village store and The Grapes pub/restaurant. Lytham St Annes, Kirkham, Preston, Blackpool are all within a very short travelling distance and there is easy access onto the M55 motorway. Bus stops nearby. An internal and external viewing is essential to appreciate the accommodation this period property has to offer together with delightful landscaped cottage patio gardens to the front, side and rear. No onward chain.Ground Floor
- Entrance Hallway
- 2.67m x 1.91m (8'9 x 6'3) - Spacious central hallway approached through a 'Rock' high security front door (fitted in 2013). Corniced ceiling. Single panel radiator. Wall mounted central heating Hive programmer control. Staircase leads off to the first floor. Oak wood floor. White panelled doors lead off.Cloaks/Wc
- 2.79m x 1.04m (9'2 x 3'5) - UPVC obscure double glazed leaded window to the front elevation with top opening light. Two piece white suite comprises: Vanity wash hand basin with cupboards below and splash back tiling. Low level WC. Ceramic tiled floor. Single panel radiator. Corniced ceiling. Gas/electric meters and security alarm.Lounge
- 4.67m x 3.61m (15'4 x 11'10) - Well proportioned principal reception room. UPVC double glazed leaded window enjoys an outlook to the front of the cottage with central opening light. Single panel radiator. Wall light. Focal point of the room is a modern fireplace with display hearth and matching inset supporting a gas log effect living flame fire (installed in 2020). Television aerial point and ethernet to router.Dining Room
- 3.56m x 3.23m (11'8 x 10'7) - Second tastefully presented reception room. UPVC double glazed double opening French doors overlook and give direct access to the south west facing rear patio garden with an external retractable sun shade. Corniced ceiling. Double panel radiator. Fitted cupboard houses a Vaillant gas central heating boiler (installed 2017). Display shelving above. Square arch opens to a useful understair area with wall light and shelving, ideal for a computer table/desk and ethernet point.Kitchen
- 4.01m x 2.54m (13'2 x 8'4) - UPVC double glazed leaded window has an attractive outlook to the side of the property with side opening light. The kitchen was fitted in 2016 and has an excellent range of eye and low level cupboards and drawers. Incorporating a glazed display unit. One and a half bowl single drainer sink unit with centre mixer tap. Set in heat resistant work surfaces with matching splash back and concealed downlighting. Built in appliances comprise: Bosch four ring ceramic hob with an illuminated stainless steel extractor canopy above. Bosch electric oven and grill. Hotpoint integrated slimline dishwasher with matching cupboard front. The free-standing washing machine and fridge/freezer are available by separate negotiation. Contemporary wall mounted radiator. Door leads to the Sun Lounge. Note: the kitchen roof was re-tiled in 2020.Sun Lounge
- 2.49m x 2.36m (8'2 x 7'9) - Delightful conservatory by Crofts of Preston constructed in 2004 with a Tapco roof added by Crofts in 2019. Velux double glazed pivoting roof light. UPVC double glazed windows overlook the rear garden with a number of top opening leaded lights. Double opening double glazed French doors give direct garden access.First Floor Landing
- 4.19m x 1.88m (13'9 x 6'2) - Approached from the previously described staircase with spindled balustrade. Corniced ceiling. White panelled doors lead off.Bedroom One
- 4.72m x 3.68m max (15'6 x 12'1 max) - UPVC double glazed leaded window enjoys the village views to the front elevation. Centre opening light. Second double glazed window to the side elevation with a top and lower opening light, looking out onto a small green maintained by the Parish Council. Corniced ceiling. Two single panel radiators. Good range of modern fitted bedroom furniture comprises: Double and single wardrobe with storage above. Kneehole dressing table with drawers to either side. Matching padded window seat with cupboard and drawers below. Adjoining vanity wash hand basin with cupboards below. Television aerial point.Bedroom Two
- 3.28m x 2.79m (10'9 x 9'2) - Second double bedroom. UPVC double glazed leaded window to the rear aspect. Two side opening lights. Single panel radiator. Corniced ceiling.Bedroom Three
- 2.62m x 2.57m (8'7 x 8'5) - UPVC double glazed leaded window to the rear elevation with side opening light. Corniced ceiling. Double panel radiator.Bathroom
- 2.57m x 2.24m (8'5 x 7'4) - UPVC double glazed leaded window to the side elevation with side opening light. Two piece white bathroom suite comprises a curved panelled bath with curved glazed shower screen, centre mixer tap and overbath shower. Heritage vanity wash hand basin with cupboards below and an illuminated wall mirror over. Wall mounted shaving socket. Ceramic tiled walls and floor. Chrome heated ladder towel rail. Built in airing cupboard houses a lagged hot water cylinder and provides linen storage space. Humidity controlled extractor fan and immersion heater.Separate Wc
- 1.68m x 0.81m (5'6 x 2'8) - UPVC double glazed leaded window to the side elevation with top opening light. White low level WC. Ceramic tiled walls and floor. Access to the insulated loft space. Ceiling extractor fan and overhead light.Outside
- To the front of the property is a very attractive cottage style walled garden with stone flags and central stone chipped area with very well stocked flower and shrub borders. A small driveway provides off road parking. Stone flagged pathway continues down the side of the property to the main entrance. With outside tap and inset shrubs. A wrought iron gate gives direct access to the rear garden and a very useful bin store area and a carbon fibre garden shed (2017).
To the immediate rear is a stunning cottage patio garden, landscaped with paving stones for ease of maintenance, coloured slate chippings and inset stepping stones. Raised well stocked and maintained flower beds, with garden arbour arch with space for seating below and climbing plants. All weather power points. External security lighting. Due to its situation the garden enjoys a sunny south west facing aspect. Note: the external walls were repainted in 2020 together with rendering of the chimney.Garage
- 5.38m x 2.62m (17'8 x 8'7) - Approached through an electric up and over door with an insulated industrial quality garage roof (both fitted by Wareings). Power and light supplies connected. Vent for a tumble dryer. Two glazed windows provide natural light. Hardwood side personal door. There is space in front of the garage for a 2nd off road parking area if required.Central Heating
- The property enjoys the benefit of gas fired central heating from a Vaillant boiler (installed 2017) concealed in the dining room serving panel radiators and domestic hot water.Double Glazing
- Where previously described the windows have been DOUBLE GLAZED by Crofts of Preston. We understand from the vendors the property has Cavity wall insulation (installed prior to their purchase).
New fuse board in 2016.Tenure Freehold/Council Tax
- The site of the property is held Freehold and is free from any chief rent or other encumbrances. Council Tax Band D.Fixtures & Fittings
- The following items are available by separate negotiation:
Carpets, curtains and blinds
Freestanding fridge/freezer, microwave and washing machine
4m extending ladder in the garage.Vendor Notes
- History: The timber cladding is mostly teak plus some of the interior structural timber. This came from the German battleship SMS Prinzregent Luitpold, salvaged from Scapa Flow. A battleship of the Imperial German Navy in WW1 that fought at the battle of Jutland (details are shown on houses in Elms Drive).Location
- This superb three bedroomed semi detached cottage property is situated in the heart of Wrea Green village within yards to primary school, village store and The Grapes pub/restaurant. Lytham St Annes, Kirkham, Preston, Blackpool are all within a very short travelling distance and there is easy access onto the M55 motorway. Bus stops nearby. An internal and external viewing is essential to appreciate the accommodation this period property has to offer together with delightful landscaped cottage patio gardens to the front, side and rear. No onward chain.
We understand there is fibre optic cable point available on the site boundary.Viewing The Property
- Strictly by appointment through 'John Ardern & Company'.Internet & Email Address
- All properties being sold through John Ardern & Company can be accessed and full colour brochures printed in full, with coloured photographs, on the internet: www.johnardern.com, rightmove.com, onthemarket.com, Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe Guild
- John Ardern & Company are proud to announce that we have been appointed as the only Estate Agent practice in the South Fylde to be appointed as members of 'The Guild of Property Professionals'. As well as a network of carefully chosen independent Estate Agents throughout the UK, we now have an associated London office, 121 Park Lane, Mayfair with our own dedicated telephone number: - 02074098367. Outside the office, there are four touch screens enabling interested clients to access all our displayed properties. The website address is www.guildproperty.co.uk.Property Misdescription Act
- John Ardern & Company for themselves and their clients declare that they have exercised all due diligence in the preparation of these details but can give no guarantee as to their veracity or correctness. Any electrical or other appliances included have not been tested, neither have drains, heating, plumbing and electrical installations. All purchasers are recommended to carry our their own investigations before contract. Details Prepared June 2022
This is a Freehold property.